Sharing a love for party planning and entertaining.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mod Baby Girl Shower

In April, a friend of mine, Paige, helped me throw a baby shower for one of my dearest friends, Hannah.  The event was for her last baby, and I wanted to make it special.  We put our heads together and threw a fabulous shower!  Pictures aren't so good, but I'll work on that for future blogs! 

Here is a picture of the food table.  We served chicken salad sandwiches, fruit kabobs, red velvet cake balls, sparkling strawberry lemondae, and various goodies.  I added ribbon to the table to tie in the mod theme, which was bright pink, bright orange, and brown.  Each of the cups in the pic has an orange rind twisted on it for pop.  Roses in bright orange accent the table, with some of my tissue poms hanging over it.  More of those to come!
Here are some close-ups of the food table.

These are the tables for guests.  We used the small poms, flowers, and ribbon to decorate the tables over basic white tablecloths.  Each setting had a plate with napkin, fork, and spoon wrapped in a napkin of the matching color, as well as a favor (see below).  Various size poms were hung around the room.  I also created a name garland for the baby that I hung on the present table.
Here's a close-up of the poms.  I used all three colors, pink, orange, and brown, in various sizes.  I'll post a link soon with a video showing how to make these poms.  You can also check out YouTube for various videos.  So simple to make, but really eye-catching and fun. 
These are the favors I gave out to all the guests.  Each one includes a hand scrub that I made and put into little plastic containers.  They also include chocolate (Can't go wrong there!).  I used three different colors for the ribbon and placards, again going with the theme, because I divided the guests up into color groups for games.  Worked well for design and for organization of the the games.
These are the gifts for the winners of our games.  I bought these mason jars, cleaned them out, and layered them with the ingredients to a Cowgirl Cookie recipe.  Very important to level each layer and pat down so that all the ingredients fit!  I added colored M&M's, and pink and orange ribbon to match the theme.  And since it was a baby shower, I added a bottle nipple to the top for fun. 

This shower had a wonderful turnout, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.  I'll post links soon to a video on how to make the poms. 
Enjoy!
Ingrid

2 comments: