Sharing a love for party planning and entertaining.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Superb Idea of the Week

For today's Superb Idea of the week, I look to a fellow crafter, Craftaholics Anonymous, for a wonderful, creative take on Poms.  I've done tissue poms (see my MOD Baby Shower post), but these fabric poms give you a whole different look.  Envision these being hung from a door or over the fireplace during the holidays, piled in a bowl as a centerpiece, or even as a decoration in a baby room.

how to make a pom pom

Another idea for these fabric poms to 'jazz' them up a bit is to use sparkles.  You could use sparkly fabric for an all-over twinkle or brush the ends of the poms, once completed, in some fabric glue and add glitter.  Add some well-placed light to your room and voila, sparkly poms! 

I've listed the link to the directions for the poms below, as well as a few pictures.  I'll be giving these a try soon and will update you on my results.  Please share any tips or tricks if you give it a go. 

how to make pom poms


Best Wishes for a Wonderful Memorial Day!
Ingrid


No comments:

Post a Comment