Sharing a love for party planning and entertaining.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Game Night

Game Night!!! A great way for friends and family to get together and have fun.  But how to decorate and what to serve???  Below are my ideas for our church's game night.  I decided to use game pieces for decoration, including the dice I showed in my last post.  Cards, dice, scrabble letters, and balloons made up most of my decorations. 
At the entrance to the church, I setup two stacks of dice (see previous post for instructions to make), and made a banner using scrabble tiles.  For this banner, I printed letters on pieces of paper that looked like wood grain.  I then stenciled little numbers on the tiles, exactly like the Scrabble tiles.
I made bunches of balloons with my colors, red-black-white, using a small helium tank, and for the weights, I used two Dominoes (again with the theme!).  A couple bunches were set in the atrium of the church, and each table in the game room had a bunch of balloons as well.
Of course I forgot to get pictures before the evening started, but you can see here I placed black tablecloths on each table, and added the games and a bunch of balloons. There were three tables setup on each side of the church, with four more in the center for eating. 
Here are the four tables for eating.  I added two more of the dice towers.
The doorways into the sanctuary seemed dull, so I added streamers.  I made these using card suites cut out of card stock and connected them with white streamer paper.  I added a card onto the bottom of each.
For the food, I wanted easy to eat things, so guests could grab some snacks and head to their next game.  The following picture shows the food table.  I used black tablecloths to cover the four appetizer tables and one short table.  I used some small dice I made to decorate the table and placed some of the food trays on top.  Some cards and dice are thrown around the tables, and each food & drink item has a scrabble-inspired card.

Food & Drink Table: Dice are used to add height to the table, with food trays served on top. Dice and cards decorate the black tablecloths.  I served various foods.
The menu for the event included: water and raspberry lemonade to drink, and for the food, I made white chocoloate popcorn, red velvet and chocolate cake balls, hazelnut-fruit pizza, cheesecake bites, puppy chow, taco cups, and turkey quiche.

The event went well!  We had over 70 people attend and all the food was eaten!  So if you think you'd like to host a party, go with a Game Night.  Very easy to plan for and loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment