Sharing a love for party planning and entertaining.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Decorations for Game Night

So I wanted to show you all a new decoration that I made for my church's upcoming Game Night.  This is just a sneak peak into the event decoration, but I thought it was very clever and gave it a shot.  I'll post some other ideas for my game night later this weekend, and then post the final event pictures next week.

Dice
For a game night, I was searching around for ideas on how to decorate.  Of course I'd thought of using game pieces and such, but wanted a more adult feel, so I thought of using cards and dice.  While searching through images, I found one of a large box painted like a piece of die, so I made some that I think will work great. 




Directions are very simple. 
  • Step 1:   Purchase shipping boxes from your local packaging store or from an office store, such as Staples, Office Max, or you can even get them at WalMart.  I had to purchase brown boxes and paint them white, but buying white boxes will save you a lot of time, but they will be more expensive.  If you decide to paint brown ones, make sure to use paint, not spray paint. 
  • Step 2:  If using brown boxes, shape the boxes and tape them with clear shipping tape.  Paint the boxes (use a small roller and basic white paint).  If using white boxes, shape the boxes and tape them with white duck tape.
  • Step 3:   Find a circular shape to trace the dots on the dice.  Make sure that the shape is balanced to the size of the box.  As you can see above, I made different size dice, so I had to find different circular size shapes to match the boxes. 
  • Step 4:   Trace the circular shape onto the boxes with a pencil, making sure to follow the pattern of a die. (I pulled a pair of dice from our Monopoly game:) 
  • Step 5:   Fill in the penciled in circles with a permanent black marker.  I used a Sharpie Magnum Marker that had a fine enough tip to trace the boxes but a large enough tip to fill them in without it taking a whole day. 
I plan on stacking these around the room.  So stay tuned for more on how these will be used for my Game Night, including picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment